Best mountain bike stem - 2011 trek mountain bikes.
Best Mountain Bike Stem
- (Mountain biking) Mountain biking is a sport which consists of riding bicycles off-road, often over rough terrain, using specially adapted mountain bikes. Mountain bikes share similarities with other bikes, but incorporate features designed to enhance durability and performance in rough terrain.
- A bicycle with a light sturdy frame, broad deep-treaded tires, and multiple gears, originally designed for riding on mountainous terrain
- a bicycle with a sturdy frame and fat tires; originally designed for riding in mountainous country
- (Mountain Biking) A designated, rugged, natural surfaced, single track trail that offers a range of riding opportunities.
- cause to point inward; "stem your skis"
- The stalk supporting a fruit, flower, or leaf, and attaching it to a larger branch, twig, or stalk
- A long and thin supportive or main section of something
- root: (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed; "thematic vowels are part of the stem"
- The main body or stalk of a plant or shrub, typically rising above ground but occasionally subterranean
- grow out of, have roots in, originate in; "The increase in the national debt stems from the last war"
Atlantis of inner strength
I bought this 56 cm Atlantis too darned small (as you can tell by the jacked up seatpost and yawning-over-the-horizon Nitto stem) just to have 26" wheels. One of the first production Atlantii, it was a super ride in all of its various incarnations. Stripped of racks and with Panaracer Fire XC knobbies, it was the best handling off-road "mountain" bike I had in Taiwan. With 65 lbs of cat food and litter spread between the HUge Baggins Hoss and Carradice front panniers, it rode steady and true as an ocean liner in the midst of the typhoon of traffic that is Taipei during all hours of the day and night. 3 Nitto racks, 48 cm Dream bars, enormously long Technomic stem, seatpost, Brooks B-17 (in green!), Bianchi brake housing and a "I like my bike!" sticker! What a beauty! Currently collecting dust and festooned with dirty diapers in an apartment somewhere in northern Taiwan, it dreams of the joys of exploration.
my best guess is that this is a late 90's model.
this is exactly how i got the bike....a little rough.
busted rock shox judy xc forks. 1 1/8" threaded.
cool riser bars with cross brace.
Coda kevlar/manganese saddle.
XT hubs, mavic rims, DT spokes. crap unmatched tires.
LX rear derailleur.
not sure what the cranks are.
control tech seatpost.
i got in a Marzocchi Bomber 22r fork. from ebay.
i got some new riser bars, brakes (avid) and brake levers )LX)
i have an FSA threadless HS and an Easton Stem coming.
already put new tires on. grey/black panaracers.
i have some pedals/clips to throw on there for now.
i got this bike CHEAP! its great Columbus Tubing. very light.
gonna make it trailworthy asap!
i will take some "after" shots soon!
target bikes for boys
forest park bike path
chopper bike tires
specialized hotrock mountain bike
miche bicycle components
ritchey bike stems
dirt bike paint jobs
custom bicycle cruisers